Monday 12 January 2015

The start of 2015

My 2015 season started with the Summer Fast one on Sunday near Alberton. It is always difficult to predict your first race of the season cause you didn't finish base training too long ago and the legs may just be a little sore after all the kilometers in December. This Race was a good session just to check your fitness levels and to get that feeling of racing back in your system again after more than 2 months without racing. The Summer fast one MTB race is a very well organized and marked race and it is always nice to compete in races without any troubles that can cause extra admin. It was a 70km route full of surprises ,with no big climbs to talk about it was mostly full gas all the way dodging mud puddles and rocks through all the single and Jeep tracks. it was a fast start and soon everyone's heart rates went into the roof and the gaps appeared. It was a tough start for myself trying to maintain a suitable heart rate. after about 10km it was a leading group of 3 , myself, Kallen and my new teammate for 2015 Thinus Redelinghuys .Unfortunately Thinus suffered some mechanical problems and it was only the 2 of us left. we paced ourselves through the race just trying to hold the chasing group back. The gap stretched up front and soon I realized its going to be a sprint for 1st place. we soon reached the final few kilometers on a tar road where Kallen attacked me and I couldn't keep up with him and had to settle for 2nd place. I am happy with the result but there is still a lot of work left before the Ashburton National Series in Meerendal the end of January.There is a lot of positives to take from the race. With my studies finished in 2014  I am really looking forward to race all over the country in 2015 representing Jeep Team SA.



Good luck to everyone racing in 2015 keep it safe and keep it fair.
Thanks for all the support from everyone

Pierre




No comments:

Post a Comment