Monday 14 July 2014

Nissan Trialseeker 2 #hakahana

With only one rest day after the tough USSA student tour it was time to get back on my mountain bike and head to Hakahana for the 2nd race of the very popular Nissan Trialseeker. I finished 15th overall and 2nd U/23 at the 1st race of the series and with my main goal to finish 1st U/23 in the series my goal is still well in sight. I was a bit unsure what my legs would do on race day after some hectic road racing the whole week before the race. It was a freezing start and took my legs a long time to warm up again, by that time a got drop by the leading group, luckily I got myself back after a few tough sections that warmed me up. It is always great to race against riders like Nico bell, Lourens Luus and Brand Du Plessis and throughout the series there will be pro riders. It was not long before the climbing started and everyone tried to grab the wheel in front of them as the pace got very high. I settled in the 2nd group on road alongside 4 other riders. About half way in the race I found myself in the middle of nowhere on my own, chasing a two man group in front of me, I was to scared to look back and just focused on the group in front. All the steep climbs suited me well with a very low body weight it was a bit easier for me up there. I caught the two riders and not long after that we dropped one and it was Myself and James working our way to the finish line.



I was unsure about my position in the race so I just kept fighting to get a respectable position at the finish line. The race had some very technical rocky downhills and just the opposite some tough rocky climbs. Luckily there is that saying for every uphill there is a downhill and we were not disappointed with some nice single track sections taking us down. Arriving at the finish someone told me I got a top 10 finish and I did I finished 8th overall and 3rd U/23. I am very happy with my performance throughout the week into the weekend from road bike to mountain bike. I just want to thank everyone for all the support I am getting I really appreciate it. And most important I want to thank The Lord for the opportunity to race and live my dream #livewithoutlimits



Keep warm and safe out there.
See you guys at the next race

And to all the sponsors thank you for all the support and making sure we train and race with the best.






No comments:

Post a Comment